"Sometime in your life you will go on a journey. It will be the longest journey you have ever taken. It is the journey to find yourself." ~ Katherine Sharp.
Documenting my journey as I knit, crochet, sew and craft!


Thursday, December 29, 2005

Present for me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

While making all these presents for other people, I realized that I haven't kept a single crochet project for myself. I decided that I really need a hat, seeing as I only have one. It's about 15 degrees every morning as I walk to class, so my one hat has seen far too much use.

I wanted a beanie with a brim, but couldn't find any patterns, so I just winged it. It turned out ok, but I didn't add any increases in the brim, so when I put it on it is pulled flat, into more of a flap. At first I was annoyed (hence the angry picture taken at 2am) but now I kind of like it. It's..... subtle.

The red arrow points to where the brim actually begins, but is pulled against my head.

It has more of a brim when I take it off:
But it's VERY warm, and that's all that matters. I will try again later with a brim pattern I found online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home