"Sometime in your life you will go on a journey. It will be the longest journey you have ever taken. It is the journey to find yourself." ~ Katherine Sharp.
Documenting my journey as I knit, crochet, sew and craft!


Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Crochet Hook Case

I don't get much time to crochet, so I use any time available; I'll crochet a few rows in the car, before class, after dinner, etc. I have a small drawstring bag that I've been carrying around with my yarn, hooks and pattern. However, I just kept my hooks in a plastic bag, and they kept poking holes in it and falling out.

So over this thanksgiving weekend I made myself a hook case. I actually made two but the first one didn't fold over so my hooks had a chance of falling out (which defeats the purpose). I made it out of a placemat, elastic and blue binding (all things I already owned). While it isn't perfect (machine problems) I really like it, and it is very practical. I love making things I actually use!

Here's what it looks like opened up:
I got all those hooks at goodwill!! I'm expecting a few more sizes for Christmas, so I made lots of extra slots.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pfirsch said...

That is very cool!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

I've been planning to do exactly the same thing for the same reason. I pulled my 4.5 mm hook out of the ratty old plastic bag tonight and thought, "This is crazy."

Nice job!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home